Thursday, September 11, 2014

Students' Reaction to N-K's WIN Intervention Period?

From students at N-K, in a Write-To-Learn assignment for math class, in which they were asked what they thought about our new building-wide intervention period which we call WIN (What I Need) Time:

"I think that WIN time is one the best things that has happened to Northwood-Kensett. It was a great decision. One thing I like about it is that if yourself and a partner have an assignment to do together, WIN time is the perfect opportunity for that. I have nothing bad to say about it. An extra study hall everyday is great. I feel like the desired effect of it is working because of students grades doing better due to more time to get things done. The only thing that could be improved is more WIN time! ;)"

"I believe that WIN time is a good time. It gives me time to work extra homework, or study for a quiz or test. Yes, I believe it is helping, I notice almost everyone in my class working on extra homework. I think it could be improved by putting certain students together, such as those of us in algebra so we can work on harder homework and understand it better."

"I believe that win time will help a lot of the students to do better in school. I have liked win time very much. I think that this time is good because students who are struggling in class can take that time to get the help that they need. I also think it is better for teachers because they get some time to work some one on one with some students."

1 comment:

  1. Saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantastic lucidity in your writing.

    ReplyDelete